Plug Into Safety
Read this checklist to learn how to make sure your garage is properly wired and safe from all electrical hazards:
- Make sure all electrical cords are in good condition. Replace any that are frayed, knotted or coiled.
- Do not attached attach extension cords to baseboards or walls with nails or staples.
- Check electrical ratings on appliance cords and extension cords. Make sure all appliances are carrying proper loads.
- Outdoors, use only extension cords marked specially for outdoor use.
- Use child resistant outlet covers on wall outlets if children live in or visit your home.
- Check for safety certificates from recognized testing organizations such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL) on all electrical appliances, cords and fixtures.
- Follow manufacture’s recommended for power usage. Use extension cords only temporarily. Remove extension cords when finished.
- Keep all electrical-powered appliances and equipment dry and away from exposure to water.
- Install locks on all electrical supply boxes.
- Remove build-ups of trash, spider webs and dust which can interfere with electrical current.