Create a Gas-Free Garage
One of the most serious hazards in the garage is from contained toxic gases. Follow these suggestions and you will be sure to have a safe garage the whole family can enjoy.
- Never use a barbecue or gas grill indoors, inside a garage or in any enclosed porch.
- Never use electric generators inside the home, garage or other enclosed area.
- Do not warm up car in garage, and exit garage promptly after engine starts. (Leaving the garage door open does not provide adequate ventilation).
- Even small engines, such as those in pressure washers, can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Post all emergency response numbers by every telephone. Should you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning in your home, call the emergency number immediately.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms on every level of your home, especially near sleeping areas.